PHILOSOPHY AND HISTORY

Paper Made in Germany since 1799

Our history

 

Favourably located next to the New Elde Canal, the first paper mill was erected here in 1799. The first mechanical paper production followed with the construction of a paper plant in 1871. Top-quality paper with the bull’s head watermark (the coat of arms of Mecklenburg at that time) first conquered the German market before soon also being exported to Denmark, Sweden, the UK and the USA.

 

What began as a fine paper factory was successfully converted for the production of specialist papers following the hardship of both world wars, the subsequent state expropriation and the various political upheavals. In 1992, the Melitta Group acquired the production facilities. With the newly founded company, Neu Kaliss Spezialpapier GmbH, Melitta is now continuing the papermaking tradition of the Neu Kaliss site.

Copyright Cathleen Leu | 53°nordost kommunikationsdesign

Philosophy

 

Neu Kaliss is a leading supplier of inclined wire materials – specialist papers and nonwovens – for industrial applications.

We also convert specialist papers for specific niche markets. As part of the Melitta family, we believe it is our mission to look after the interests of both current and future generations.

Our aim is to provide today’s customers with the best possible solution for each application, taking into account economic efficiency and the smallest possible impact on the environment for the future.

 

 

 

 

John Paul Fender

CEO

 

SPECIALLY FOR YOU

Request further information now! CONTACT